|This article is need of a clean-up. You can help out Jadusable Wiki by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and doing other helpful things to correct the article.
DeaconAYC here. Basically, Ryu told us that the answers were spelt out in The Truth. The capitalization of 'The Truth' led Osiris and I to believe it had to do with the page that Jadusable had up on YSHDT when he first paused the game. Looking through it, I found quite a few strange spelling errors, mostly involving i's and other vowels. This seemed strange, as Jadus is a well known grammar nazi (both personally, and the fact that he writes TV shows and other formal things for a living). I decided to check the other documents on the site and long behold, with the exception of DROWNED, there were similar errors. I was assisted by the user KaToast in this. I cannot thank her enough, she cut the time this would have taken significantly.
People were really skeptical about it, and I don't blame it, so myself and another chat member started matching up the pastas on YSHDT to the original posts on 4chan. And we found something, big we think. There was not one spelling error in Jadusable's original posts, and not only that, but in the YSHDT copies lines had been cut and some new ones added. It could mean absolutely nothing, but they might have been changed for a reason. Posting now:
-"Guys" instead of "Okay, /x/"
- "I'm sorry for that" inbetween "This is a long read" and "but I feel like..."
- "This is not a copypasta" is cut
- "Having said that" is cut
- "The computer" instead of "LVL 9 CPUs"
Paragraph 3 and 4 are combined:
-Peculiar is spelt pecuiliar
- Psychiatrist is spelt psychatrist
- aesthetically is spelt asthetically
- permanent spelt permenent
- guarantee is spelt gurentee
- version spelt verison twice in a row
- nagging spelt ningling
-definitely spelt definately
-existing spelt exisiting
-version spelt verison, again
-"and thats not just some macho guy front I'm putting on" in between "I hardly ever cry" amd "something had gripped me"
- foreign spelt foriegn
- "took hold of me through a TV screen and I didn't know how to cope with it" after "foriegn and crippling"
- "(I had the Goron Mask, and if I lost enough hearts by falling in water I'd die)" after "I don't know why, but I came up with the idea that maybe if I drowned myself in the Laundry Pool"
- "I let out and audible yelp" instead of "I screamed" (perhaps the yelp heard at 4:26 in DROWNED.wmv?)
- "of the Laundry Pool" inbetween "ran out" and "and back to South Clock Town"
- "like I was summoning it with my Ocarina" after "statue appearing behind me"
Final Paragraph (skipped quite a few, nothing found):
-Final line "I'll update you guys tomorrow when I play again" not in original 4chan document.
BEN (assisted by KaToast)
- First and second paragraphs were combined
- Went from 'English type' (dreamt, thrust etc) to 'American type' (dreamed, thrusted etc.)
- "But the important thing is I did get some sleep, I suppose." Cut out of first paragraph
- No change.
- "whoosh" changed to "woosh"
- "fluctuate" changed to "fluxuate"
- "thrust" to "thrusted" (American Type)
- "permanently" to "permenently"
- "environment" to "enviornment"
- No change.
- "eerily" to "eeirely"
- "Salesman's" to "Salesmans'"
- "immediately" to "immediatley"
- "I can't describe to you how sudden and terrifying the transition from eerie to terror it is, you're going to have to watch the video if you want to see first-hand." Cut out.
- "(the species of creatures that live under water in Zelda)" added.
- "Hesitant" to "Hestitant"
- "Epona" to "Link's horse Epona"
- ninth paragraph was combined to tenth paragraph.
- "re-spawn" to "respawn"
- "explanations" to "explainations"
- "Some of you guys may give me shit for this, but you can't imagine how taxing this is for me emotionally - its one thing to see this footage and read what I have to say, its another entirely when you're playing this by yourself and its like the game is actually trying to reach out to you personally. I... I don't know anymore.." added.
This file was exactly the same.
Jadusable (assisted by KaToast)
- First off, EVERYTHING was lowercased. No capitalization whatsoever except for "TheTruth.txt" "Link" and "BEN".
- Also, this one is a little more confusing since BEN summarized, and moved things a bit. It was difficult to follow and harder to explain.
- "and he gave me instructions on how to post with his Name code on specifically this board, apparently he said you guys had been helping him along the way and you deserved to see the end of it." was cut out and instead the first paragraph was combined to the second paragraph with: "gave me the account info to his youtube account, and told me that he's getting away from here,"
- "I was hoping I'd at least get a chance to meet his parents when they picked him up, but they were in and out so quick I never saw them." was changed to "i never even got to meet his parents."
-combined to the fourth paragraph.
- starts with "and i'm going to honor that" where the fourth paragraph should begin.
- "I don't know why he wants to wait for his notes to be published but after what that he's been through, I'll honor that request." Cut out.
- "He really wanted you guys to see this, and the video starts then, after that I just think the game got too personal for him." changed to "then, after that i just think the game got too personal for him."
The Truth (by Deaconayc)
Typos: delierium, dont, definately, belleve, verison, hes, sporratically, pleases, reccomend, astromer, ensares
- There might be a link to the missing or added 'i's that are present, someone stole eyes, therefore someone else now has them.
- Why the missing sentences? Why the added sentences?
- Reference to 4chan was obviously omitted when present.
- Why explain what a Zora is, or state that Epona belongs to Link when Epona had already been mention previously (but not called Link's)
It's pretty hard to get anything out of these, which is why we need everyone's help in finding WHY they are the case. A couple of re-occuring themes in these:
- The same words are frequently misspelt
- 'I' is the most common letter replaced. I's = eyes. Perhaps these are the missing eyes Kelbris and others have been talking about
- In the edited versions, Jadus goes into great length to explain parts of MM (e.g. the Goron mask, Zoras, Link's horse). Could these be tools that we need to use in the upcoming game?
I'm not saying my theory is right, for all I know it could be fucking garbage, but it just seems like too much of a coincidence when we are told the answers are SPELT OUT in THE TRUTH.
Recent changes on Within Hubris forum
With the crashing of YSHDT.net, there was a post made by Guide informing the players that the stories would be shifted from the website onto the forum. Guide is a figure on the website whos role has been debated heavily - he initially appeared as an OOC figure, but since his corrupted post in the Wayward Horizon subforum his posts have been suspect at best (e.g. the random periods, revealing the trailer was fake). When Guide announced that the stories would be shifted across to the forum, it was mentioned AFTER the WH corruption. It should be noticed that all of the spelling errors in the YSHDT files have been rectified. This can mean a number of things:
- The errors are now irrelevant. I find this really hard to grasp, however, as The Author refused to elaborate on the errors when I questioned him about them in the Chatango QnA. If they were not important to the game, and simply errors, that would have been clarified.
- The Author could not get access to the edited documents after YSHDT was taken down by BlueHost, and as a result posted the original story as seen in the 4chan archives.
- This is IC tampering and corruption, and could be an indication that Guide has a degree of IC relevence or something of the sort.